Sunday 15 November 2015

An Epic Tale (III) - The Imperial Guard - part 1


Back to my beloved Epic with this post, the first and core part of my Imperial Guard army. Yet again I was lucky enough to be given a decent chunk of this army including painted up tank, artillery and infantry companies. I then turned to E-bay, various fora and Facebook trading groups to pick up what I considered I was missing. Luckily(again) I fell upon some bargains and managed to add the extra infantry companies and various other units including a super heavy tank company for next to nothing price wise. I did hit a blank wall when looking for Valkyries and Support Platoons but was happy to pick up some proxies from Steel Crown and some nicer looking figures from Troublemaker games to replace the original GW Storm-troopers which I didn't particularly like.

So on to what I have painted so far, I'm nearly half way through and have painted up the core forces to make a small playable army with a few options:


Artillery Company with Hydra:




 
Bike Squadron:


Super Heavy Tank Company:



 
Thunderbolt Squadron:
 


The First Infantry Company, with additional Ogryn , Ratling and Support Platoons:




 











The first of an intended 3 Sentinel Squadrons:




(Old School) Hellhound Platoon:




(Proxy) Valkyrie Squadron:




(Proxy) Storm-Trooper Platoon:





Tank Company:



Regimental HQ /Mech. Inf. Company:







Only three whole infantry companies plus their Ratling/Ogryn/Support wpn platoons to do, oh and a Rough Rider platoon and two more Sentinel platoons and another platoon of Storm-troopers and two Marauder bombers and a Reaver Titan...


3 comments:

  1. Those proxy Valkyries are very cool. It'd be nice to see the whole army in one shot and maybe some studio close-ups, as these pics are a little over-exposed in places. Bit it looks like a terrific army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comments, I've been doing some practising with my photography and hopefully this will show in my upcoming posts, I am working on the rest of the army now so should be done in the next week or so and I will put the whole army up then.

    ReplyDelete